They were very helpful
Answer the discussion questions, and justify your answers. Response must be 280 words for each question and response must be given back to the other student Megan miller.
1. Traditional career paths emphasize strict upward mobility within an organization. How does mobility differ in organizations with innovative career paths? List three innovative career paths discussed in this chapter and describe how mobility occurs in each.
2. A sound promotion policy is important. List the characteristics necessary for an effective promotion policy.
3. Compare and contrast a closed internal recruitment system with an open internal recruitment system.
Respond to megan miller’s response as well.
RE: Week 7 Discussion
What I feel to be the most important characteristic of a promotion policy is performance based promotions. If a company were to promote an employee for reasons other than being able to complete set-forth tasks, they risk the possibility of the employee not being able to handle their new job role.
4. What information should be included in the targeted internal communication message?
A targeted internal communication message should include information that is tailored to a specific audience. The message should include information, such as the wanted KSAO’s, that will resonate with the specific target group to gain the most amount of qualified candidates.
5. Exhibit 6.9 contains many suggestions for improving the advancement of women and minorities. Choose the three suggestions you think are most important and explain why.
The biggest step a company can make in improving the advancement of women and minorities is the effect of positive company culture. If an overall company culture holds bias opinions over these groups, there will always be that outlook within the company. The first step to improve a company’s culture is a culture analysis. By looking at the overall perceptions of the company, you can lay out a plan on how to improve these negative perceptions. The second step is ensure management commitment. The age old term “lead by example” still holds true. This also presents the possibilities that if some of these negative views are felt by someone of management, you can begin to reevaluate your staffing choices. Finally, making improvements and change is the only way to take all of this new found knowledge and to put it into action. As they always say, “be the change you want to see in the world!”.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more